Skip to main content

25 weeks - Growth spurt

Here we are, moving right along. 25 weeks already. I'm not sure how much bigger I LOOK this week, but I FEEL like I had a major growth spurt. All of the sudden, when I sit down, I can feel my belly resting on my lap. And my body has decidedly less pep that it did a week ago. All of the sudden, bending and crouching are super-exhausting, my back has started to get sore by the end of the day, my legs feel consistently tired from carrying around the extra baby weight, and going up a flight of stairs too quickly leaves me unbelievably winded. Hot and humid days make my legs and fingers all puffy, and I can tell when I've been on my feet for too long. After a couple weeks of terrible sleeping, I have, thankfully, started to rest better at night. But my back is always sore in the morning. I am doing the daily heartburn vs. Tums battle, but thus far, I haven't been as miserably heartburn-y at night like I was with Sam.

Meanwhile, Owlet has been doing a lot of stretching recently. Sometimes I feel kicks or limb flails, but a lot of the time, I just feel (and see!) a hand or elbow or foot or whatever slowly push against my belly. These are the sorts of movements that make me feel like I'm growing an alien. And it's both entertaining and weird to see these movements from the outside.

Sam continues to be fascinated by this whole baby-growing process, and likes touching my belly. He'll ask if the baby is moving or sleeping, and I've tried to get his little hand on my belly at the right time to feel some of the movement, but we haven't succeeded yet.

I have my next doctor's appointment next week. We are approaching glucose screening time and some other preventative lab work to take whatever pre-ecclampsia precautions we can. We're also close to scheduling my repeat ultrasound to check in on my c-section scar.

I cannot for the life of me believe that we are already at 25 weeks. Time has flown by. And yet, I'm trying to imagine how big and tired and creaky I'm going to be another 14 weeks from now! I am so excited for this little Owlet to join us. I also have a lot of organizational and prep tasks to do before I'm actually ready. Eep!

25 weeks - September 16, 2016

Comments