Skip to main content

20 weeks - A sneak peek

Two "momentous" things today.

First, I'm exactly 20 weeks! Which means that I am halfway through this pregnancy (minus a few days because, you know, planned c-section and all). It also means that it is time to start taking weekly bump pictures. I think that our bathroom mirror is particularly friendly, because I'm pretty sure that I'm bigger than this picture would suggest:

20 weeks (August 12, 2016)

Second, we had our twenty week ultrasound today! Being a Friday, Sam and I started our morning with breakfast at Magpie, as usual, and then Matt picked us up and we all went over to the hospital together. We had explained to Sam that we were going to the doctor to see pictures of the baby. He was excited! Though I think that the "pictures" were not quite what he was expecting.

We had a very nice ultrasound tech, and she explained that she was going to check a lot of things and take upwards of 100 pictures, but that she wouldn't be able to give us any information (the pictures get passed on to the radiologist and then to my doctor). But she was really great about telling us the heartbeat right away (161), and then telling us how much Owlet was wiggling around (seriously, kicking those little legs and feet ALL THE TIME), and telling us which parts of the baby she was looking at and measuring. At the end, she showed us Owlet's wiggly legs on the screen for a while, and then printed off some pictures for us to take with us. I'm going to just shove any anxiety into a corner and instead enjoy the pictures, and assume that all is well until I hear otherwise.

So here is our Owlet:

Profile shot. I have this exact same picture of Sam from his ultrasound - complete with arm up over the face!

Wiggly legs taking a break from wiggling - notice the crossed ankles. Something Sam (and I) do all the time!

Bottoms of the feet...blurry from all the wiggling!wdv cdyo

Comments