Skip to main content

13w5d - A drive-by post

Gotta' love quick, easy doctor's appointments.

Weight was pretty consistent with my weight from my heartbeat check, which puts me at a pretty negligible overall weight gain since my first appointment. Dr. Locke seemed satisfied with that, and I'm remembering that I was slow to gain weight early on with Sam as well. Somehow, though, my belly and boobs seem to keep growing! In fact, near the beginning of this week, I sprouted a little belly - quite literally overnight. I'm still not sure you'd know I was pregnant by looking at me, especially if you didn't know me before, but the bump has definitely begun to get bumpy. :)

Blood pressure was nice and low, which is GREAT. I want to keep it that way as long as possible.

It only took a few seconds to catch the heartbeat, much to my relief and joy. It was Matt's first time hearing Owlet's heartbeat! Yay! Heart rate was clocked at 164, which is just fine. According to all the old wives' tales, faster heartbeats are supposed to mean a girl baby, but who knows.

Otherwise, nothing of note at the appointment. Things look just like they are supposed to look. And Dr. Locke reassured me again that at 13 weeks with an audible heartbeat, we are now as low a risk for miscarriage as you can get. He told me that, with my history, I am allowed to be more anxious than other people, but that I still should feel reassured that our chances for a healthy pregnancy and baby are quite good. Yay!

The only bummer of the appointment? One of my favorite nurses at the clinic is moving out of state, and her last day is the day before my next appointment. :( So next month, I'll get to meet a new face around the office.

Otherwise, forward we go! Next week is our family vacation to Door County, and then the week after that, I share the news of my pregnancy with the church council, and from there, we go public in some fashion yet to be determined.

Onward and upward!

Comments