Skip to main content

Onward

Confirmed: No pregnancy this cycle.

I had a pretty good sense by Thursday evening that this round hadn't been successful, and the blood draw Friday morning confirmed it.

We are sad, definitely. And frustrated. And a little part of me is feeling flashes of the despair of five cycles in a row to get Sam.

But mostly? We're doing fine. I am feeling strangely at peace. As I mentioned before, my biggest fear and concern with this cycle was getting any useful number of embryos to freeze, and we have six - SIX! - frozen. So that made this cycle feel successful to me, even if not in the way that I would have most wanted.

We will pursue a frozen cycle sometime after the new year (no sense in squishing one in during one of the busiest times of the year for me). Meanwhile, I am itching to get back to running, and it couldn't hurt me to fix up my sleeping and eating habits a little bit as well. So even as we head toward the holidays, I am looking forward to making a little extra space to get my body, mind, and soul into a little better shape, and then start of 2016 with new energy and hope and optimism!

Besides...after my blood draw Friday, I spent the weekend up in Minneapolis, and it is hard to be too upset when you get to hang out with loved ones...and get lots of hugs and giggles from the world's cutest almost-two-year-old!

Comments