Skip to main content

I'm not getting paid for this, I promise

Well, we're a couple months into eating real food a this point, and it's fair to say that Sam LOVES eating.

Sam eats an ecclectic mix of foods throughout the day. I nurse him in the mornings, at lunchtime, at bedtime, and overnight. He drinks formula during his daycare mornings. He eats solid foods at dinnertime (and sometimes at lunchtime) - sometimes it's food that I've made, sometimes it's food that we've purchased.

I am totally okay with this crazy mix. For the first six months, we nursed exclusively. But at this point, I am okay with Sam experiencing a variety of foods and tastes, and as long as he is eating well (and getting good nutrition), I am happy with whatever combination of things that he eats.

I've had a lot of fun making my own baby food. It's easy peasy to steam sweet potatoes and carrots and pears and peas. I keep our freezer stocked with frozen cubes of baby food. Big cubes of veggies. Ice cube sized cubes of fruit. Right now, I'm in love with the Oxo Tot baby food blocks. I find that I get more use out of the 4 oz size than the 2 oz size, but I really appreciate the snappy-tight lids, and the fact that they are freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe. Definitely recommend them to anybody making and storing baby food.

For traveling, though, or times when I am behind on food-making, I also really really have a crush on Plum Organics food. We bought a couple pouches of sweet potatoes when we were out of town last month, and Sam loved them. We've started keeping a box or two in the pantry (carrots and sweet potatoes thus far). I'm sure everybody has their favorite brand, but I totally love that Plum Oranics is just fruit (or veggie), with, like, water. Simple, nothing weird or chemical or anything.

Tonight, I "graduated" Sam from the level one foods (single-fruit or single-veggie) to level two (two or three ingredient combinations). We tried the broccoli-apple.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Love at first bite.


Sidenote...Sam has also started trying to take sips of water from my cup or water bottle. He's terrible at it (just laps at the water with his tongue like a cat and the lets it dribble down its chin), but has so much fun!



I have to say, I'm going to be sad down the road when I stop nursing...but at the same time, it is so much fun to watch him explore new tastes and start participating in the social aspects of eating. I think that we have a strong eater on our hands!

Comments

Post a Comment