Skip to main content

Belated 37 week update

Just a quick update from last Wednesday's 37 week appointment. Nothing much to report. After two big weight gains in a row prior to last week's appointment, my weight held steady from 36 to 37 weeks. That was nice. Hopefully it means some of the crazy water weight and swelling are slowing down. Blood pressure is fine - holding steady at my usual pre-pregnancy levels. Baby is still head down, but definitely not dropped yet, heartbeat is 140, belly is measuring on target. My group B strep test came back negative, so that's good.

And that's about it. My next appointment is this Wednesday, and the plan is to re-check me for any progress. I am not feeling convinced that there's going to be much of a change from two weeks ago when we last did that. I haven't been feeling any contractions that I know of. Occasional moments of soreness under my belly, and very occasional cramping, but everything that you read about pre-labor contractions talks about a noticeable tightening of your belly, and I haven't experienced that. So I suspect that there will be little to no progress to report this Wednesday.

Which is fine. We're still two weeks from my due date. As much as I feel impatient and just want this baby HERE already, I'm also relishing the last days of choosing my own destiny. We're trying to squeeze in get-togethers with friends, and do last house projects, and finish shopping for odds and ends that we didn't end up with after our showers. Besides, there is plenty of work that I need to get done this week.

If only this baby would do me the favor of DROPPING, even a little, I'd be a happy camper. I'd love to reclaim my ribs. And be done with this heartburn stuff. But other than that, I am a little deer-in-headlights thinking about how, even if I go the full two weeks overdue, we are going to have a baby joining our family in a month or less. Crazy.

Here's the view from last Thursday, which would have been 37 weeks 4 days. Almost 37 weeks 5 days, because I didn't get around to taking a picture until bedtime. Woohoo pj's!

37 Weeks 4 Days
37 weeks 4 days.

Comments

Post a Comment