Skip to main content

34 weeks...otherwise known as six weeks left

Over the weekend, all of the late pregnancy symptoms that I'd avoided seemed to hit all at once. Persistent heartburn (ok, nothing new there, but bummed that it's still so prevalent), swollen fingers and ankles and feet, extreme difficulty sleeping at night, general soreness under my belly and into my hips.

Monday night especially, my ankles totally disappeared. It kind of freaked me out. So I've been drinking tons of water, and trying to keep my feet up the best I can, and I'm trying to do more walking, because that's also supposed to help.

Today was my next regular doctor's appointment. Nothing terribly remarkable. Dr. Locke only mentioned my falling down the stairs/L&D stint in passing, just to assure me that I did the right thing; glad we didn't have to rehash my embarrassment over that silly night.

I gained five pounds in two weeks, which Dr. Locke said is pretty impossible to do from just eating, so it is probably swelling/water weight. He checked my ankles and confirmed a little bit of swelling. And my blood pressure was higher than it's been - right around pre-pregnancy level rather than my crazy-low pregnancy blood pressure. He's not worrying at all, which is good. But I know that he'll keep watch over the next few weeks. Baby is still head-down, though not dropped or engaged or anything yet. Belly keeps growing, which is what it's supposed to do!

I don't see him again for two weeks, and so from that point, we're really just twiddling our thumbs, waiting for baby. Next appointment begins weekly cervical checks, and they'll probably check me from group B strep next time also.

So onward we march. Quickly toward the end! Matt and I have spent this week getting things organized around the house and setting up the nursery. My parents come for a few days at the end of the week to help with a couple home projects as well. We are all in getting-ready mode!

Catching up on pictures - last week and today:

33 weeks 3 days
33 Weeks 3 Days


34 weeks 3 days
34 Weeks 3 Days (and another haircut)

Comments

  1. I saw you post this somewhere on Facebook. I wish I'd known about this blog a long time ago! You post here a lot more than you do your other blog. :)

    Not much else to say other than repeating how happy I am that your pregnancy has been going well and looking forward to meeting the hedgehog when s/he arrives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment