Skip to main content

Today I feel...

...good. Today I feel very good. Great, you might say.

And in any other stage of my life, I'd totally appreciate it. But here's the thing. I am (supposedly) 11 weeks pregnant. Over the course of these 11 weeks, I've felt more tired than usual, and I'm a little annoyed by just how huge and unruly my boobs seem. But that's it. I haven't felt sick at all; an occasional over-active gag reflex, but nothing serious. No heartburn. No significant bloating or weight gain. In fact, today, I put on a dress that I bought for my seminary graduation, seven years ago. It fit me really well when I bought it. It fit me, but not as well, three years later when I wore it to Matt's law school graduation. I've kept it around because it looks decent, even if it doesn't fit like it used to. I put it on today, and it fit. Maybe not as well as the first time I wore it, but seriously, better than it has fit in years. Which probably just means I've lost a few pounds in the last year or so. But strange to me to feel so skinny right now.

I KNOW that up until 12 weeks, your uterus still fits nicely in your pelvis, and so you don't really show at all. I KNOW that pregnancies come with any variety or intensity of symptoms. I KNOW that my fatigue has been crazy, and that I shouldn't ignore it as a symptom.

But I really feel too good today. Because I feel better than even the last few weeks of feeling generally good.

And it's two weeks until my next appointment, and that seems like forever. And I'm knitting a baby blanket. And today over lunch, Matt and I were discussing Christmas plans with our families, seeing as my maternity leave will likely begin right around the start of December, which means that we were MAKING PLANS, and making plans just seems like a great way to jinx things.

Today, I feel good.

And that makes me feel a little terrible.

Comments