Skip to main content

Eating all the things.

Honestly, I haven't managed to shake the fear from yesterday's ultrasound, even though everything seems okay. For some reason, the dread has gotten stuck in my head instead of the relief. So I'm a little stressed out. And it was a stressful day around church. Not bad at all. Just busy, and there was a death in the congregation, which just makes everything feel heavier.

Stress plus anxiety plus still being pregnant (as far as I know) means that today, all I've done is EAT.

Wanted to grab a mocha on my way home from work yesterday but forgot. So I grabbed one for breakfast today instead. Decaf. But didn't bother to ask for skim milk. Mmmm chocolate and calories. Met with the family of the woman who died, and then swung by McDonald's on my way back to church. I have a serious weakness for french fries. And nuggets. And BBQ sauce. Afternoon meeting involved a homemade lemon bar and a few almonds. Helping out with the Wednesday after-school program involved an Oreo and a handful of Chex Mix.

And even though I'm not hungry yet, I can guarantee that after Confirmation tonight, when I go grocery shopping, I'll want to buy ALL THE DELICIOUS THINGS, and when I come home and make fried rice, I can guarantee that I will eat two bowls, because I always do.

We can pretend that I'm hungry because I'm pregnant, right? And ignore the fact that I'm just the world's biggest stress-eater?

Comments