Skip to main content

Busy weekend

Second beta this morning. Came back at 320 after an initial beta of 80 on Friday. Doubling time of 36 hours. The nurse who called deemed my number "great," so I'm feeling happy.

I go in and out of feeling vaguely pregnant. Some cramping sometimes. Some boob soreness sometimes. Some fatigue sometimes. But no patterns, and everything comes and goes.

My parents are visiting, and I couldn't help myself after getting the nurse's call today, so we told them. But they are amazing, and totally understand our "cautiously optimistic" feelings. It's hard to get too excited when you've only managed three other pregnancies over five years, and all of those were losses. But somehow telling them helps me believe it a little better, and lets me feel a little more excited. I'm working hard to take every day at a time, and every morning that I'm not bleeding, I say to myself "no matter what tomorrow brings, TODAY I am pregnant, and that is AWESOME."

Meanwhile, it's been a busy weekend. Sunday was my third Sunday at my new church, but it was also my official installation, so yesterday's worship was festive and big and the Bishop was there, and there was plenty of coffee and delicious food afterwards.

And then TODAY we got up, went to my blood draw, and then went to the bank, where we signed all the paperwork and closed on our house! So we are officially homeowners! It's pretty exciting. It is a beautiful house and we can't wait to move in.

So to recap, in one weekend, we found out that we're pregnant, we had official celebration of starting a new job, and we closed on a house. Every conceivable life change, all at once. There is no question that we are adults...no pretending otherwise. :)

Nothing much to see here now until my first ultrasound a week from now...but to tide you over, here's a picture to enjoy while you wait - us looking all happy in front of OUR HOUSE!

Comments