Skip to main content

What makes me mad

I'm feeling restless and frustrated right now, in that way specific to people who are recovering from illness or injury.

Because my head feels good and normal. I'm thinking like normal, most of my body feels like it should, and common sense tries to tell me that I've been sitting on my butt ALL DAY, and I really should DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE.

Add to that the fact that since my procedure yesterday, I've been HUNGRY. I ate and ate and ate yesterday. And today, too. And the thing that stinks is that I've been working so hard to lose weight and get fit, and not only does all of the sitting around and eating make me feel gross, but the crazy bloating taking place because of the retrieval is making me feel even fatter and grosser, and the ONLY thing I want to do right now is go for a run...

...but if you were to watch me try to walk right now, you'd know that running is OUT. OF. THE. QUESTION.

And so I'm a little mad that retrieval kicked my butt like this, and I'm frustrated that I've fallen out of my 5k training, and I don't like that I've been eating all sorts of junk food.

Recovery makes me feel lazy. And tired at the same time. And it is frustrating me lots and lots.

Comments