Skip to main content

Second time's the charm?

Today was our frozen embryo transfer!  Both frozen blasts thawed well and expanded like they were supposed to, so both of them were good for being transferred.

All ready to go!
Beauty and the Astronaut





Unlike last time, I drank a NORMAL amount of water instead of a HUGE amount of water (the procedure is ultrasound guided so you need a full bladder...fun times).  And since I wasn't in pain/feeling like I was going to explode during the procedure, I actually paid a little more attention to what was going on.  Two thoughts: First, that no matter what you do, the transfer isn't a comfortable thing.  Lots of poking and prodding.  Second, that there is absolutely no shame when it comes to a procedure like this.  You're pretty darn on display for the doctor and nurses and embryologist.  Ah, the things we do to try to have babies...

I've spent all afternoon on the couch, resting and keeping my feet up.  Even though most doctors these days don't think bedrest after transfer does anything (outside the 30 minutes that they make you lie flat after the transfer itself in the recovery room), it can't hurt.  I didn't rest as much as this last time, so I'm going to pretend that it'll make a difference.

Now the insane waiting game begins again!  Trying to keep sane until next Friday's blood draw.

Comments