Skip to main content

Notable things

FET cycles are slow and boring.  Just thought I'd let you know.

A long stretch of injections, but only a tiny dosage.  And then adding to the routine some teensy tiny pills.  And far fewer blood draws and ultrasounds.  Which makes everything feel quite casual.

There are two (marginally) notable things about this cycle so far, however.

First, that I bit the bullet and successfully stuck myself with a needle!  More than once!  Having guests staying at our place, Matt being gone for a weekend - both of those things made me feel bold to try giving myself the injection, and even though I FAR prefer to have Matt do them for me, I have successfully injected myself 3 or 4 times this cycle.

Second, my baseline blood draw and ultrasound took place last week, and Matt was sick, so I went all by myself.  And it might not sound like a big deal, but this is my first solo blood draw in six years...and that last solo blood draw is the one that initially turned me off to the whole idea of needles, since that was the one where I fainted, fell off the table, hit my head, ended up in the ER for the rest of the afternoon.  So a small but major victory for me, going all by myself, feeling good, and keeping my anxiety totally under control.

Anyway, besides those two things, there's been nothing much going on.  Been doing Lupron injections for a while now, glad to have moved on to adding the estrogen pills.  Hopefully this means that progesterone and subsequent embryo transfer will happen soon!  I'll know more after my next appointment tomorrow.

Comments