Skip to main content

Nothing to see here

This is the quiet space after all of the injections and early mornings at the surgery center are over.

This is the quiet space where, upon reflection, that first night of self-injections seems to be three months ago instead of just three weeks. And all of those blood draws and ultrasounds barely seem real.

This is the quiet space after eggs and embryos and blastocysts and retrievals and transfers.

This is the quiet space where there is nothing else to do but wait. Wait quietly and wonder what's going on with those two little dudes, and wondering if either of them have decided to stick around. This is the quiet space where I keep wondering if I feel different at all...if there are any weird twinges, or if I'm more tired or usual, or if I'm sleeping worse or dreaming more or feeling sick....

This is the quiet space of counting days as they pass so slowly toward Friday's blood draw, which will give me some sort of news, hopefully good. A space to fill days with as much busy-ness as I can muster to keep my mind distracted...and to hope that I can force my brain to focus on all of the busy-ness that the week has in store.

This is the quiet space where I twiddle my thumbs and say to the world, "Move along. Nothing (yet) to see here..."

Comments