Skip to main content

Days seven & eight: 75 IU Follistim, 250mcg Ganarelix, 250 IU low-dose hCG, 1 low-dose aspirin

I am starting to hit a bit of a wall. I'm just feeling a little tired of all of the doctor's visits and needles, I think.

I had bloodwork and ultrasound yesterday (Saturday) morning. Quick and easy. Got the call late in the afternoon about my new dosages for last night (Saturday) and tonight (Sunday). Made it through last night's round of injections just fine. Made it through tonight's injections just fine, though feeling a little weary and resentful, as if I'd throw a temper tantrum about being tired of all of this if I weren't 30 years old...

And then tomorrow morning, another round of bloodwork and ultrasound. Going to the doctor every two days really feels like you are just spending all of your free time there. And they are all so nice, and fabulous to us, and sweet and caring. So it's not a problem to go, and I'm even getting used to the routine enough that I don't get anxious about the bloodwork until I'm actually lying on the table with a needle aimed at my arm. I'm simply tired of the process.

Eight straight days of injections plus three or four doctor's visits feels like a lot.

But only a few more days to go! And then the egg retrieval late this week, which I am seriously dreading. But I'll make it through. Don't have much of a choice! :)

Anyway, early to bed for me tonight. I'm tired. And have to be up early for tomorrow's appointment. Feeling tired of all of this, yes....but also a tiny bit proud of myself. I never thought I'd be able to deal with this process, or to handle all the needles with any shred of grace or humor. But it's all been better than I had expected. And for that, I will go to bed thankful.

Comments