Skip to main content

Days five & six: 300 IU Follistim, 250mcg Ganarelix, 50 IU low-dose hCG, 1 low-dose aspirin

I had bloodwork and a follicular ultrasound yesterday morning. I knew that they'd call me in the afternoon with instructions for how to modify my injections. I thought I remembered that at this point, they'd bump me from one to two injections. Nope. I was wrong. They bumped me from one all the way to THREE injections.

So last night's routine and this night's routine involved drawing hCG from a little vial into an empty insulin syringe for one injection, opening up an individually packaged, pre-filled syringe for the Ganarelix injection, and then loading a cartridge and putting a needle into my Follistim pen. Three injections, three distinct preparations. Yeesh.

My red plastic sharps container is really noisy when you shake it these days. Getting fuller and fuller of needles. It is an odd sort of trophy...

Comments