Skip to main content

My worst nightmare (the quick version)

Needing some prayers at the moment.

With the spotting I'd had this week, I was obviously worried that this pregnancy was headed the same direction as last time. But it turns out that it was headed somewhere worse.

I woke up with terrble abdominal pain today. Tried to go to work, but after about an hour, couldn’t deal with it, so I had a good friend drive me over me to the ER. They checked me out, and immediately scheduled me for surgery with a presumed ectopic pregnancy.

Turns out that I have TONS of scar tissue from having an appendectomy way back when I was 11. They removed a mass from my left side, scraped out a bunch of scar tissue, and took part of my left tube. They also discovered that my right tube is pretty damaged from the scar tissue as well. So the worst news in all of this is that, at this point, it is dangerous for us to try to conceive normally at this point. A 75% chance of ending up with another ectopic.

There are big questions left on the table for Matt and me when I’m feeling better. IVF would be viable. Or adoption. But nothing I need to worry myself abut right now.

They sent me home tonight, and for now, I am sitting around recovering, feeling uncomfortable but not in too much pain.

I am thankful for all who cared for me and who are continuing to care for me - Cindy, for driving me to the hospital; Katie, for coming over and hanging out during a long day in the ER and for bringing me a sweet teddy bear; David, for rushing over to anoint me before surgery; amazingly kind and caring people at the hospital - including a terribly sweet anesthesiologist and surgeon; my family for all of their love and prayers and care; all of the prayers and kind words from people at church. I am in good hands.

Comments